December 11, 2010

Seoul


Last weekend I went to Seoul with Corinne and Shelley. We saw the War Museum, Insadong Market (which sells traditional Korean goods), and North Seoul Tower. It was nice to get out of Daegu and do something different for a few days.


There is a lot of these cute plush animals around Korea for different events or store openings. They are pretty adorable.


At the base of the tower, there is a lookout where couples hook locks to the fencing. Its been a tradition for about thirty years, and we even saw a cute couple writing messages and hooking their lock on the fencing.


I think they are beautiful, and wish I could read all of the Korean writing on them, because its probably very, very sweet.




This is the view from the top of the tower, it was pretty phenomenal. I am really enjoying living so close to one of the world's biggest cities, and a train system convenient enough to go as often as I would like.

2 comments:

  1. what a view. I love the pics of the locks, kinda graffiti-ish, and so colorful.

    ReplyDelete