August 12, 2012

Rock Climbing in Korea


Since I last posted about climbing, I have done quite a bit of it. Don't get me wrong, I still don't know what I am doing. I scamper up the rock, and hope I don't bust my knees or face up too badly. I often make it to the top, albeit after falling once or twice. I've tried climbing in a gym, which is all of the struggles of climbing without the freedom to pick your own holds or the beautiful scenery to make it worth it. Not my thing. But, outdoor climbing is enjoyable. I think I've gotten a little better, though I really should consider things like technique and building muscles to improve. Maybe I will take a class on it at some point, but for the moment I am enjoying meandering around on some rocks. 



We took Mara out for her first climbing experience at An Nam in Busan. She did really well!



I've also learned out to belay, which is vital. 



This is in Yeoung Yeoung on Palgong Mountain in Daegu. It is set up with lights so you can climb at night. 



Back at An Nam!




It is really getting too hot to climb now, but I hope to go at least once more before heading out of Korea! 

No comments:

Post a Comment