November 7, 2013

Making a House My Home


After leaving Korea in July 2012, I moved a lot. I backpacked Europe, visited Michigan, then Sacramento, Oregon, back to Michigan, New Jersey, Sacramento, Michigan. Then I took lots of vacations - the Upper Pennisula, Pittsburgh, Washington DC, Washington State, and British Columbia. I moved to Alaska for 5 months, then jetted back to a whirlwind trip in Michigan before flying to Taiwan. 

It was great to see so many awesome places, don't get me wrong. But now I am home. I live here. I have my own space and I love that. The beautiful two-bedroom apartment was a big draw to this school, and I wanted to make this house my home. So I painted, and it took forever. This is the view from my bed in the morning light. Somehow it looks a little Willy Wonka'd with all the stripes and lines. I assure you my whole apartment is not mildly crooked, ha. And sure, the rest of the apartment has abrasive white walls, and I still need to make and hang art everywhere... but I am taking this one step at a time. So this week, my bedroom walls are for sure the good I am focusing on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment