November 14, 2010

Sweet Potato Farm

November's field trip was a day at Goo-Am Village, the folk village I went to in September on the Daegu City Tour. We were going to dig up potatoes with the kindergarten students.

Michelle, our director, is showing the kids how to use the tools for digging up potatoes.


The village is on beautiful Palgong Mountain.

Joanne, my coworker, helping the kids pack their bags for optimal potato fitting. She's traveled all over and is truly kind and intelligent. Joanne really is one of my favorite people at St. Louis.


Wini and Mina - Wini is one of our newer students. I teach their class first, and they are always diligent and excited to learn .


This is my wonderful homeroom class, K-E

Korean style swings, the kids loved them. I was worried they were going to wipe out jumping off of them, but luckily there were no injuries.


Cindy and Julia, their class is awesome.

We were finding bugs.

Earlier this month I realized I have now been in Korea for over 100 days. This means that I've been in Korea for over three months, which leaves nine more here. I feel like I have established a life here. Its nice to have groups of friends and people I can count on. I've met so many people from all around the world, it really is an amazing experience. I have had friends leave, which is hard, but am comforted knowing that most of my close friends here will be here at least another 6 to 9 months with me. Its nice to be able to say that I am happy with my life.

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a cool trip, the kids are so cute and happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad and I are thrilled that you are happy, it makes you seem closer to home. Can't wait for the next 40 days to pass, and we will be together! It really is only 40 more days. Love you.

    ReplyDelete